Explore the Local Areas
There are three main areas to explore within the Hunter Region:
- Barrington Tops: A wilderness region with mountain townships and the breathtaking Barrington Tops National Park, part of the World Heritage Listed Gondwana Rainforests.
- Hunter Valley: Australia’s oldest wine region, known worldwide for it’s Semillon. Tour beautiful family-owned wineries, taste superb cuisine and wander through the farmers markets.
- Upper Hunter: Also known for it’s exceptional vineyards, thoroughbred race horses and colonial architecture. Ideal for scenic drives and heritage walks.
Spoilt for Choice
You’ll never be short of something to do in the Hunter Region – A few of our favourites are:
- Arts & Culture: Whether you want to spectate, purchase or take part – A creative feast awaits you in the Hunter including sculpture parks, theatre, live music & festivals, workshops, galleries and artist studios.
- Heritage Architecture, Trails & Walks: The region has deep Aboriginal, colonial, bushranger and mining heritage all waiting for you to explore.
- Adventure & Family Activities: There’s plenty of adventure available to suit the whole family; Hot air ballooning, vintage flights, helicopters, go-karting, bowling, horse riding or the Hunter Valley Zoo, the list goes on!
- Picnic & BBQ’s: There’s plenty of spots available to pull out your picnic rug, sample the local cuisine and watch the day go by. Plus many of the local vineyards have picnic tables and BBQ facilities.
- Nature, Garden’s & Parks: Numerous national parks, walks, horse/bike trails and the Hunter Valley Gardens in Polkobin all await you.
- Golf: Not to be outdone by the other activities; Golfing options in the Hunter will not disappoint, there’s a range of options from Putt Putt Golf to some of the finest resort courses in Australia.
- Aviation & Ballooning: There is no better way to take in the local scenery than from above and there’s plenty of choice as to how you get there; helicopters, fighter jets, chartered planes or hot air balloons.
- Health & Wellbeing: Relax, unwind and rejuvenate with several of the Hunter’s finest day spas, or book in with one of the many massage & reiki therapist options.